Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions.
When are you open?
- Our Pantry is open most Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.. Our last appointments are at 2:00p.m.. We are closed for lunch from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m..We close on Tuesdays near some major holidays (Labor Day, Fouth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years) because the Kansas Food Bank is also closed and to give our volunteers some time off. We may close early or change appointment availability at our discretion - this is why appointments are so important! We always do our best to make times available for you. Food pantry volunteers stand and work outside to serve you so weather has a big impact on our ability to operate. Extremely hot or cold days or other inclement weather events will likely result in reduced appointment availability.
Do you give out Pet Food?
- People can get food for their dogs and cats at the same time as their families food while supplies last. There are places on the online forms for you to indicate if you need Pet Food included in your order. Keep in mind that we do have a limited supply do do not request more than you absolutely need.
Do you help people pay uilities or rent?
- We are only able to provide food assistance with help from our community partners and by writing grants. We do not have the resources to provide cash assistance for paying utility bills or rent. We recommned calling the United Way help line for this assitance - dial 211.
Do you have a clothes closet?
- In March of 2020, in response to the COVID pandemic we switched from a drop in center to a drive though. With this change we no longer bring families into our building and as a result we stopped having a clothes closet.
What do I do if I need to change my online appointment time?
- Do not make another online appointment. Give us a call at (316) 267-1852 and tell us you need to reschedule.
How often can I come to the pantry?
- In order to provide assistance to more people, families are limited to one visit per month.
What if I lost my pantry card and don't remember my pantry card number?
- Call the pantry hotline and we can look it up for you. Keep in mind volunteers are not always available so if we don't answer leave a message, we will call you back as soon as we can.